A New Musical Instrument for Controlling Arpeggios with the Touch of a Finger.
Arpeggionome for iPhone transforms your iPhone into a new and expressive musical instrument. Design intricate patterns of musical notes, then trigger those patterns at different pitches and speeds with an x-y matrix. Tilt the iPhone for accelerometer-controlled pitchbend and volume, and with the “MIDI Upgrade” in-app purchase, control other iOS MIDI apps, external MIDI gear, and computer software like never before.
Musical expression at 240 notes-per-second.
The Performance Matrix is the Arpeggionome’s main interface component.
• Touch any Control Point in the Performance Matrix to trigger the notes in the pattern.
• Move up-and-down the matrix to set the pattern’s rate.
• Move left-and-right to set the pattern’s starting-note.
• Control up to 240 notes per second, nearly 15,000 notes per minute.
Accelerometer-controlled pitchbend and volume, essential for 8-bit solos.
Thanks to the iPhone’s accelerometer, Arpeggionome for iPhone allows you to:
• Tilt the iPhone forward-and-back to control volume.
• Tilt the iPhone left-and-right to control pitchbend.
Design an arpeggio pattern from scratch…
Fifteen touch-knobs are used to design the Arpeggionome’s pattern.
• Key – sets the musical key
• Scale – sets the musical scale
• Notes – sets the number of unique notes
• Step Distance – sets the distance between each note
• Notes Style – sets how the pattern moves between notes
• Alignment – sets how the pattern is justified from the reference-note
• Octave Range – sets the starting and ending octaves of the pattern
• Octave Style – sets how the pattern moves between octaves
• Rates – set the pattern’s rate to 50% or 25%.
• Octave Offset – shift the pattern’s starting octave
• Note Offset – shifts the pattern’s starting note
• Velocity – sets MIDI Note Velocity for each note triggered
• Gate – changes the length of each note triggered
• Tempo – sets the global tempo
The touch-knobs are also designed for performance.
• Group 1 Touch-Knobs (Key, Scale, Rates, Align, Octave, Start, End, Style, Note, Notes, Style, and Step Distance) set on touch-up events
• Group 2 Touch-Knobs (Velocity, Gate, and Tempo) continuously set
… or use a preset.
Arpeggionome for iPhone includes a Pattern Library with a wide selection of presets. You can also save your own patterns to the Pattern Library. Additionally, eight pattern-buttons and two arrow-buttons provide quick access to the Pattern Library, enabling you to change and save patterns while performing.
A sophisticated MIDI implementation.
$4.99 In-App Purchase required.
The Arpeggionome’s MIDI implementation is finely tuned to control external MIDI devices, digital audio workstations (such as Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools), and other iOS MIDI Applications (such as GarageBand, Animoog or iPhone, Magellan Jr., and FunkBox).
Compatible MIDI Connections:
• Virtual MIDI (to/from other iOS MIDI applications)
• ‘Core MIDI’ compatible hardware interfaces
• MIDI over WiFi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
MIDI Output Features Include:
• Send MIDI on any of 16 channels
• Select between four Note Gate Modes (Manual, Mono, Legato, and Legato+)
• Control Note Velocity with Knob or Accelerometer
• Control Note Gate with Knob or Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit Pitchbend Messages with Accelerometer
• Transmit MIDI CC and Pitchbend on any channel
• Adjustable data-range of Accelerometer-controlled messages
MIDI Input Features Include:
• MIDI Time Clock synchronization.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome’s pattern with a MIDI keyboard.
• Externally set the Arpeggionome’s pattern with Program Change messages.
• Quantize the Arpeggionome’s first note to external MIDI Source.
Other features include:
• A simple built-in synthesizer
• Beautiful and informative visual feedback
• Integrated documentation for every parameter and setting.
• Backup, restore, and transfer patterns between devices via iTunes File Sharing.